It has dawned on me that not many people who read my blog actually know anything about me other than the fact that I love to ramble on about beauty products. When I first started my blog I never expected people I don’t know to read it; I just assumed it would only be family/friends that would have a nose around. Recently I’ve been gaining quite a few followers/views etc from people who are essentially strangers so I thought I would do a ‘Get to know me tag’ type blog post just so people could gain a little insight into who I am as a person.
I’ve been reading quite a few of these posts recently and I really enjoyed getting to know who who certain bloggers are so I hope you enjoy this post!
So, Question 1: What is your middle name? Anne. It’s basically a family tradition where all the females on my Mum’s side of the family have Anne in their name which is pretty cool. I know that if I have a daughter in years to come I will definitely be continuing the tradition.
2: What was your favourite subject at school? I had two favourite subjects, I guess. English because I was always pretty good at it and I found it quite easy but I also loved Textiles as I really enjoyed being able to make whatever I liked. For my GCSE I made a Monsters Inc. cushion cover which had Mike Wazowski on it. It was pretty awesome, even if I do say so myself.
3. What is your favourite drink? Non-alcoholic would have to be Pepsi Max; Pepsi Max > Coke any day of the week. I’m pretty much addicted which I guess is pretty bad but it could be worse! My favourite alcoholic drink is either Malibu and Pepsi or Strawberry and Lime Kopparberg. It all depends on the situation. If I’m sat in a pub garden then I’ll go for the cider but if I’m on a night out I’ll opt for the Malibu, mainly because more than two ciders and I bloat. Not a nice feeling.
4. What is your favourite song at the moment? This is kinda hard to answer. I don’t really listen to music that often and when I do it always tends to be the same thing. I guess my all time favourite song is Faint by Linkin Park.
5. What is your favourite food? This is so hard as I like loads of different things. I guess nothing beats a good old roast dinner though. I also love risotto. Anything with sticky rice is a winner for me.
6. What is the last thing you bought? A Christmas present for my Mum! I hope to have finished all my Christmas shopping within the next couple of weeks; I suppose I better had get a move on!
7. What is your favourite book? I absolutely love reading so this is a really hard question. My favourite changes all the time and is usually the last thing I have just read. I recently read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn which I really enjoyed. Having read that I bought a couple more books by the same author and they have also been really good; I’d recommend checking her out!
8. What is your favourite colour? I’d have to say purple but I also love pastel blue and green.
9. Do you have any pets? Yes! I have 3 cats; Sami, Maizee and Casper, 2 dogs; Ziggy and Molly and 2 Degus; they were originally called Pickle and Pepper but I renamed them Diabeto (as he has diabetes) and Sergio. I’m not sure anyone else in my house also calls them this though!
10. What is your favourite perfume? Lady Million by Paco Rabanne is my all time favourite perfume. It smells sexy and expensive. I love it.
11. What is your favourite holiday? I guess this is more an American thing as they have independence day, Thanksgiving etc? We only really celebrate Christmas so I guess I’d have to say that?! The only other holiday I can think of is Easter and to me that’s kinda irrelevant as I’m not religious…
12. Are you married? Hahahaha NO. And I don’t plan on getting married anytime soon!
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times? I’ve been out of the country loads; I don’t even know how many times. I’ve been to France, Germany, Corfu, Mexico, Spain, New York and Florida. I’ve been to France so many times I’ve lost count!
14. Do you speak any other language? Nope, I failed both French and Spanish at GCSE so obviously I am only destined to speak English!
15. How many siblings do you have? 3. An older brother, younger sister and younger brother.
16. What is your favourite shop? Clothes shop is probably New Look as they’re pretty cheap and decent quality. The shop I go in most to have a browse is probably Boots as I tend to go in there at lunch time and lust over beauty products I can’t afford.
17. What is your favourite restaurant? I don’t have a favourite. It depends on what I’m in the mood for. One place I’ll never understand the hype for is TGI Friday’s. The food is always mediocre and to me, it’s over priced for what it is.
18. When was the last time you cried? I had a bit of an emotional breakdown on Wednesday which was great fun.
19. What are your favourite TV shows? Criminal Minds, Modern Family, The Middle and American Horror Story.
20. How old are you? 24. Sigh.
21. How tall are you? I’m a whole 5’2. Whilst my little brother towers over me at 6’2. He is 15.
22. How long have you been blogging for? Since June this year so not long at all!
23. What is your biggest weakness? Nail varnish. I just can’t stop buying them. It’s becoming a bit of a problem. I can also never resit buying a necklace when I go into New Look.
24. What do you do for work? I work at an insurance brokers. I’ve worked in insurance for nearly 5 years but have only been at my current work for about 5 months.
25. Do you have any tattoos? Yes, I have 13 in total. A half sleeve, my feet, ribs, lower back, neck, wrist etc.
I hope you guys enjoyed that and found it informative. If there’s anything else you’d like to know then let me know in the comments!